U.S. : no sign Nigeria’ll collapse this year, no trade Ban either

What is the biggy about the United States' relationship with Nigeria?



United States (U.S.)Ambassador to Nigeria James Entwistle has said there is no sign Nigeria will disintegrate this year. He denied knowledge of any American government report predicting the country’s collapse.

The ambassador, who condemned the gun attacks on All Progressives Congress (APC) supporters in Rivers State, spoke in Lagos yesterday.

He said: “I have been plagued by that question ever since I got this job. I have gone back and looked, I can’t find any government report that said we thought Nigeria would disintegrate in 2015, may be some think-tank or somebody outside the government said it, I don’t know. But, in my opinion as U.S. Ambassador to this country, I am not worried in the least that Nigeria is going to disintegrate in 2015. Do you face big challenges now? Of course you do. So does my country. But, I see a Nigeria that if you can do what needs to be done in the coming years on security, on corruption and all of those things, I think the future for Nigeria is very bright. Whenever I travel around this country, I always try to go to the universities and have big sessions to give talks to students and have questions and answers and whenever I do that, I leave with incredible sense of optimism about Nigeria when I get to know your best and brightest. So, are there challenges for Nigeria under the horizon? Sure, but I have no doubt that Nigeria will muscle them, will move on. Will it be easy? Of course not. Nothing is easy in this life… We are now here in 2015, I don’t know what you see but I can’t see those signs that Nigeria will disintegrate. I see signs of growth and I say that not to minimise the challenges that you have.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#GUINNESS RECORD: Nigerian set World record for Longest sexual intercourse ever

The Ark of Covenant Has been Found, right under the Cross where Jesus was Crucified (Pics & Video)

Bestiality: 20-year-old girl arrested for having sex with dog since she was 13