SPORTS: Ex-Super Eagles star Oliha is dead

Former Super Eagles midfielder, Thompson Oliha is dead.

He died on Sunday morning and his remains had been deposited at the mortuary. Reports said the former Flying Eagles midfielder complained of malaria and was taken to an undisclosed hospital in Ilorin, Kwara State, where he gave up the ghost.

Oliha was a key member of Nigeria’s 1994 African Nations Cup winning squad in Tunisia. He also played in the 1994 World Cup in United States with the Super Eagles. He was a second half substitute in Nigeria’s round of 16 clash with Italy at the tournament, a match Super Eagles lost 2-1 to exit the competition.

Until his death, Oliha was one of the coaches at the Kwara State Football Academy in Ilorin.


I am a not a professedly committed Citizen of Nigeria so you can call me an outlaw or a Rebel. I love my country but not the government that exist therein. I will forever stay positive in my ways towards others and will continually render help where I know I can and is within my powers to do so. I will not discomfort myself to bring comfort to an entity that will not appreciate my efforts and as such, I forever stay happy with the blessings I have and work towards a great end.
I write this because the said Thompson Oliha, a Nigerian had and was still serving his mother until his death. It is highly embarrassing to read that only a common "Malaria" is the cause of his death. Where was the government running the country he pledged allegiance to? Where were his colleagues whom he played and socialized with during his playing days? and Lastly, wasnt there at least an assigned preference given to him for being a NATIONAL HERO in sports

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#GUINNESS RECORD: Nigerian set World record for Longest sexual intercourse ever

The Ark of Covenant Has been Found, right under the Cross where Jesus was Crucified (Pics & Video)

Bestiality: 20-year-old girl arrested for having sex with dog since she was 13